Bristol Saracens Rugby Caps – located in their Bakewell Memorial Ground clubhouse. The more fancy cap was the one awarded to George Wright a prominent figure with Bristol Saracens. To be awarded a cap you have to play 30 1st team games and be of good character.
Bristol 2nds Cap awarded to Alan Sharp – Bristol & Scotland. Located in the Bristol Saracens Bakewell Memorial Ground clubhouse.
Harlequins Caps. The first picture is of a cap awarded to Adrian Stoop who played for Harlequins 182 times. Both Caps are in the possession of the World Rugby Museum, Twickenham
London Welsh 1921-22. Awarded to Thomas Watcyn. Currently in the possession of the WRU at the Principality Stadium
London Irish RFC 1936-1937. Green and White segments. Silver metal, trim, tassel emblem and lettering. Quilted lining. no name or label. (ER)
Catford Bridge RFC cap 1895-1896. Black and terracotta segments, from the time it took on the colours of the recently demised Middlesex Wanderers RFC. Catford Bridge became Bromley RFC in the mid 1960’s. No label information evident. (ER)
Castle Cary RFC – Red and Black velvet segments Castle motif, silver trim and tassel. Date confirmed early 1900’s by the rugby club . No internal labelling visible (ER)
Weston-Super-Mare RFC – 1926-27. front faded but original colour blue. with gold trim,
Old Dunstonians Rugby Club 1923-1924. Blue Velvet with ODRFC and date. Cream coloured cloth tassel. No name or label. There are some much ore ornate ODRFC caps out there, so were caps awarded for different thing? (ER)
Taunton Rugby Club – Black Velvet, Silver trim, tassel and embossed lettering. No date or visible label (ER)
Bishops Stortford RFC -Black Velvet- four colour cloth tassel and trim. No date identified. Label – SCS, 4-10 Regency Street, Westminster, SW1 – Hand written name D.S.Stokes (ER)
Westcombe Park A XV 1967-1968 Dark Blue velvet – Gold trim and tassel Label: Jack Hobbs, 59 Fleet Street EC4. Westcombe Park began awarding caps in the early 1910’s (ER)
Old Blues B XV Cap 1908-1909. Recipient unknown. The club was formed in 1873 as a rugby club for the Old Boys of Christ’s Hospital School in West Sussex (RR)
Devonport Albion Cap 1898 awarded to Elliott John Vivyan. The club, founded in 1876, merged in 1920 with Plymouth RFC (founded 1876) to become Plymouth Albion (RR)