Avoca School Hockey Club in its original form was the representative sport adopted by the school in 1895. The school amalgamated with Monkstown Grammar School in 1973, and Avoca Hockey club exists today as a “Past and Present” organisation maintaining its links with the new school Newpark.
2 early Kingstown Grammar School Caps. The blue cap has the addition of P.P. standing for Past and Present, allowing previous students to maintain there connection.
Other clubs in Ireland were also issuing caps in the late 1800’s early 1900’s.
All photos courtesy of Irish Hockey Archive – https://www.facebook.com/Irish-Hockey-Archive-1586467858284185/