The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has exhibited memorabilia inside Twickenham Stadium since 1979.
An Informal museum was created underneath the South Stand in 1983 before the museum of rugby was constructed in the East Stand and officially unveiled in 1996.
In 2007 the Museum of Rugby was renamed the World Rugby Museum to reflect its growing collection and to create a focal point for the heritage and culture of rugby around the world.
In 2017 the World Rugby Museum vacated the East Stand and was completely rebuilt in the South Stand with £1.8 Million capital investment by the RFU.
Their collection is the most extensive collection of rugby football memorabilia in the world, including over 38,000 recorded objects, 15,000 pieces of archival material and 9,000 photographs, from the RFU collection, the Harry Langton Collection and the RFU Rugby Archive.
The pictures presented here were taken soon after the museum was reopened in February 2018.
From it origins at Rugby School
1893 Royal Field Artillery Cap
1909 Royal Artillery Cap
1908 Dulwich College Cap worn by Cyril Lowe
1900 Royal Naval Engineering Corps Cap awarded to CB Sheppard
1936 Royal Naval Artificer Apprentices Cap awarded to CW May
1925 British Army Cap awarded to Lt RBG Anderson
1916 Royal Flying Corps Cap awarded to 2nd Lt George Bruce Wlaker
1920 Royal Naval Cap awarded to William Luddington
1936 Royal Military College Sandhurst Cap awarded to Lt Col Stewart Howard-Jones
National and International Caps
1888 Anglo Australian Team – The first British and Irish Lions Tour
1911 France Rugby Cap
1987 Rugby World Cup Cap
1908 Olympic Cap awarded to Dick Jackett
Wales Rugby Cap
1905 England Cap awarded to Adrian Stoop
1880 England Cap Belonging to Dr Richard Finch
1891 Scotland Cap awarded to Paul Clauss
1914 England Cap
1905 New Zealand (All Blacks) Rugby Cap
Japan Rugby Cap
1871 England Cap awarded to Arthur Guillermard
Regional and Other Caps
1909 Harlequins Cap
1887 Yorkshire Rugby Cap
1889 Lancashire Rugby Cap
Plus plenty of other items.